Corgis, need I say more? They’re the goofiest, derpiest, most meme-worthy dogs on the internet. I mean, just look at that face.
After moving into my first solo apartment, I decided to bring home a puppy which ultimately lead to the adorable addition of Tucker. This past week, I celebrated Tucker’s fourth birthday in style by trying my hand at making a dog-friendly birthday cake (something I’ve never done before). It turned out much better than I expected and was a huge hit among four-legged friends and humans alike!
So if you have a little stumper of your own, find the recipe for this cute corgi cake below. Kept simple with limited ingredients, all good for your doggie, this cake is sure to be a success!
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Refined Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Pureed Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Pureed Blueberries
- Plain Yogurt (For Frosting)
- Peanut Butter (For Frosting)
- Strawberries & Blueberries (For Detailing)
- Apples (For Ears)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Rub coconut oil on a six to seven inch sized round pan (depending on how dense you want your cake to be) and on a cupcake tin for the nose of the cake.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, melted coconut oil, honey, pureed strawberries and blueberries. Slowly stir the flour in until incorporated.
- Pour batter into round pan and cupcake tin and bake until golden brown. The cupcake (about 20 minutes) will be ready before the larger cake (about 30 minutes).
- Remove and let cool before frosting. Add peanut butter to half of the round cake and plain yogurt to the other half. Frost the cupcake with the yogurt. I find it easier to work with if you cut the top half of the cupcake off so that it is more stable when you put it on the larger cake.
- Cut the apple into triangles and attach with toothpicks for the ears. Frost with peanut butter.
- Add blueberries for the eyes, nose, and mouth. Stem the strawberry and cut the top portion off for the tongue. Add the cake to the freezer for a cold treat on a hot day (optional).
If you made this recipe, share photos and stories below to tell us how your pup liked his cake! Let us know in the comments below what other dog-friendly treats you’d be interested in seeing featured.